Who submits the application?

You should submit an application if you intend to stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland for more than 3 months and if the purpose of your stay is to live with your spouse who is a citizen of the Republic of Poland.

If you are a spouse of a citizen of the Republic of Poland, you can also submit an application on behalf of a juvenile child. A residence permit for a juvenile child will be granted if you have a valid temporary residence permit.


When should I apply?

You submit your application for a temporary residence permit not later than on the last day of legal residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland. 

If it is not possible to appear in person, send an application by post.

For the period of legal stay, the date of posting the parcel at the post office is counted. 

If you submit your application on time and there are no formal defects or formal deficiencies are supplemented by you in the period indicated by us, your stay will be legal from the day of submitting the application to the day on which the decision in this matter becomes final.

If you request to suspend the proceedings for granting a temporary residence permit, your stay at this time will not be considered legal.


How can I submit my application form?

  1. In person after previously booking a visit at https://rezerwacje.duw.pl/reservations/ or in person after previously filling out the application on-line, printing out and making a reservation of the visit at https://przybysz.duw.pl
    On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

    At the Provincial Office of Lower Silesia in Wrocław
    Section of Civic Matters and Foreigners
    Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1

    or in one of the three Delegation offices of the Office:

    1. Delegation office in Legnica
      ul. F. Skarbka 3
      59-220 Legnica
    2. Delegation office in Wałbrzych
      ul. Słowackiego 23a
      58-300 Wałbrzych
    3. Delegation office in Jelenia Góra
      ul. Piłsudskiego 12
      58-500 Jelenia Góra

    After coming to the Office approach the ticket machine of the line management system, type in the reservation number, get the ticket and wait for your number to be called out and once it is, approach the indicated post.

  2. By mail to the address:

    Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
    Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
    pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
    50-153 Wrocław

Remember to enter your valid place of stay in the application form. Having sent the application form by means of post you will be called for appearance in person in order for your fingerprints to be taken. You must appear in person at the headquarters of the Lower Silesian Provincial Labour Office or in one of its Delegation Offices, approach the ticket machine of the line management system and select the ticket “appearance in person”.

NOTE: If you wish to register your fingerprints without being called by the Office, you can do so not earlier than from the day of application form submission.

REMEMBER: registering of the account on the Information Portal - https://przybysz.duw.pl,  filling out the application on-line in the system, printing it out and submitting in the Office may make proceeding process of your application shorter and will allow you to monitor your case!


What documents must I submit?

  1. Completed application and 2 copies. Before filling out the application please familiarize with the instruction, which is located in the application. Application for a temporary residence permit.
  2. The completed appendix 1 to the application. The appendix must be filled in by the employer and signed by the person authorized to representing the employer. Appendix 1 to the application for a temporary residence permit.
  3. Four photos:

    NOTICE: Foreigner using head covers according to the rules of his religion may add a photo to the application depicting him in the head cover on condition that the face is visible. In such a case a declaration of the foreigner will be needed that he belongs to a certain religious commune. Declaration of belonging to religious commune.

    • Not destroyed, colour, sharp;
    • Size 35 mm x 45mm;
    • Made no earlier than within 6 days before the day of submitting the application;
    • Depicting the face of a foreigner from the top of the head to the upper part of shoulders so that the face is visible within 70-80% of the photo, on the uniform background;
    • Depicting the person looking straight ahead, with eyes open, not covered by hair, with natural expression and mouth closed, and showing natural skin colour;
    • Depicting eyes of the foreigner, especially the pupils and the sight line of the foreigner should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo;
  4. Copy of a valid travel document (original for insight). In particularly justified cases, when the foreigner does not have a valid travel document and it is not possible to obtain one, they can present other evidence of identity (e.g. residence permit card)
  5. Confirmation of stamp duty payment

    NOTICE: Submission of the above documents is necessary for initiation of the proceeding. In the event of submission of the application without any of the above documents, the foreigner will be appointed to supplement the formal deficiencies in the application. The proceeding may be initiated only after completing the missing documents within an indicated period and their positive verification by the Office.


  6. a document proving that you have a place of residence (e.g. check-in, lease agreement, a statement of the person entitled to the possession of premises providing the residence for a foreigner)
  7. confirmation of the stable and regular source of income sufficient to cover the costs of maintenance of yourself and family members recognized as dependants (for a single person – 634 PLN net per month, for a person in the family – in the amount of 514 PLN net per month)
  8. In the event of working in a regulated profession (e.g. truck drivers) – the documents confirming possession of formal qualifications or meeting the conditions that are required
  9. Information of the District Governor relevant due to the main place of work performed by a foreigner who cannot meet the staffing needs of the employer on the basis of records of the unemployed and job seekers or with the negative result of recruitment organized for employers, released no earlier than 180 days prior to the application, if it is required
    The information from the District Governor is not required if:
    1. the executed profession or the entrusted work is contained in a list of occupations and types of work defined by each voivode in respect of which the issuance of a work permit does not require taking into account the above-mentioned information of a district governor (Article 10 paragraph 4 (1) of the Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions, or
    2. a foreigner immediately before the application had a work permit or a temporary residence permit and worked for the same employer at the same position, or
    3. a foreigner fulfils the conditions specified in the regulations issued on the basis of art. 90 paragraph 5 of the Act of 20 April 2004 on employment promotion and labour market institutions, or
    4. the foreigner during 3 years preceding the issuance of the application, graduated from a university with its headquarters on the territory of the Republic of Poland or of another Member State of the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation or is a participant of the PhD study programme in the Republic of Poland, or
    5. a foreigner during the 3 years preceding the issuance of the application resided legally and continuously in the territory of the Republic of Poland, or
    6. a foreigner meets the conditions for exemption from the obligation to have a work permit, specified with separate provisions, or
    7. work performed by a foreigner is an operation as a proxy, performance of their duties on the management board of a joint-stock company or public limited liability company, whose shares are not owned by a foreigner.
  10. In the event of the conclusion of the contract with an employer, the documents proving confirmation of possession of formal health insurance within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 27 August 2004 on health care benefits financed from public funds or confirmation of coverage by the insurer's medical costs on the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. appropriate certificate from Social Security Institution, insurance policy) – does not apply to employment contracts and commission contract
  11. Information on the number of persons remaining your dependants. A declaration of the number of dependant persons .

NOTICE: Attaching to the application all mentioned documents can fasten your case and limit the amount of correspondence sent to you. In case it is necessary to provide clarification on the evidence on the case submitted to the authority, you may be asked to provide additional documents or to provide explanations.

Documents must be submitted in originals or photocopies along with originals for insight. Civil status acts proving kinship or marital status issued by foreign countries should bear apostille clause or should be confirmed by the Polish Consul. If the application is accompanied by the documents prepared in a foreign language, also their translation into the Polish language made by a sworn translator is required.


What are the fees?

Stamp duty for the issue of a single temporary residence permit and work is: 440,00 PLN

The fee should be paid to the following account:
Gmina Wrocław
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8, 50-141 Wrocław
82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895 

Remember to attach the confirmation of the payment to the application.

Fee for the issue or substitution of a residence card is: 50,00 PLN

The fee should be paid into the following account:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki
50-153 Wrocław, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
41 1010 1674 0005 9222 3100 0000

If you have a representative, then the stamp duty for the submitted authorization is PLN 17,00

The fee for representation should be paid to the account:

Gmina Wrocław
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8, 50-141 Wrocław
82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895


When and where can I collect my residence card?

After obtaining the permission (decision regarding temporary residence), in order to obtain the residence card, you should submit:

  1. Confirmation of payment for the card (50 PLN)
  2. Valid confirmation of registration of residence for the temporary residence longer than 2 months – if your address is to be placed on the card or else you ought to submit a written declaration when your card should be issued without the address. Declaration of printing a card without the address.

In case of not submitting the above mentioned confirmation of registration of residence within 14 days from the day of collection of the decision about permission for temporary residence, data about the address will not be included in the card.


residence card may be collected only in person at the Department of Civic Matters and Foreigners at pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1, in Wrocław.

More information about the residence card