Who submits the application?

You should submit an application if you intend to stay on the territory of the Republic of Poland for more than 3 months and if the purpose of your stay is to undertake or continue full-time studies.


When should I apply?

You submit an application for a temporary residence and work permit in person, no later than on the last day of legal residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland. 

If it is not possible to appear in person, send an application by post.

For the period of legal stay, the date of posting the parcel at the post office is counted. 

If you submit your application on time and there are no formal defects or formal deficiencies are supplemented by you in the period indicated by us, your stay will be legal from the day of submitting the application to the day on which the decision in this matter becomes final.

If you request to suspend the proceedings for granting a temporary residence permit, your stay at this time will not be considered legal.


How can I submit my application form?

  1. In person after previously booking a visit at https://rezerwacje.duw.pl/reservations/ or in person after previously filling out the application on-line, printing out and making a reservation of the visit at https://przybysz.duw.pl
    On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

    At the Provincial Office of Lower Silesia in Wrocław
    Section of Civic Matters and Foreigners
    Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1

    or in one of the three Delegation offices of the Office:

    1. Delegation office in Legnica
      ul. F. Skarbka 3
      59-220 Legnica
    2. Delegation office in Wałbrzych
      ul. Słowackiego 23a
      58-300 Wałbrzych
    3. Delegation office in Jelenia Góra
      ul. Piłsudskiego 12
      58-500 Jelenia Góra

    After coming to the Office approach the ticket machine of the line management system, type in the reservation number, get the ticket and wait for your number to be called out and once it is, approach the indicated post.

  2. By mail to the address:

    Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
    Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
    pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
    50-153 Wrocław

Remember to enter your valid place of stay in the application form. Having sent the application form by means of post you will be called for appearance in person in order for your fingerprints to be taken. You must appear in person at the headquarters of the Lower Silesian Provincial Labour Office or in one of its Delegation Offices, approach the ticket machine of the line management system and select the ticket “appearance in person”.

NOTE: If you wish to register your fingerprints without being called by the Office, you can do so not earlier than from the day of application form submission.

REMEMBER: registering of the account on the Information Portal - https://przybysz.duw.pl,  filling out the application on-line in the system, printing it out and submitting in the Office may make proceeding process of your application shorter and will allow you to monitor your case!


What documents I should submit?

  1. Filled out application and its 2 copies. Before filling out the application, familiarize yourself with the, instruction in the application. Application for permission for temporary residence.
  2. Four photos:
    • Not destroyed, colour, sharp;
    • Size 35 mm x 45mm;
    • Made no earlier than within 6 days before the day of submitting the application;
    • Depicting the face of a foreigner from the top of the head to the upper part of shoulders so that the face is visible within 70-80% of the photo, on the uniform background;
    • Depicting the person looking straight ahead, with eyes open, not covered by hair, with natural expression and mouth closed, and showing natural skin colour;
    • Depicting eyes of the foreigner, especially the pupils and the sight line of the foreigner should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo;

    Caution: Foreigner using head covers according to the rules of his religion may add a photo to the application depicting him in the head cover on condition that the face is visible. In such a case a declaration of the foreigner will be needed that he belongs to a certain religious commune. Declaration of belonging to religious commune.

  3. Photocopy of a valid travel document (original for inspection). In particularly justified cases, when a foreigner does not have a valid travel document and is unable to obtain it, he may present another document confirming his identity (e.g. residence card)
  4. Confirmation of stamp duty payment

    ATTENTION: Submission of the above documents is necessary to initiate proceedings. In the case of submitting an application without any of the above documents, the Party of proceedings will be requested to supplement the formal defects in the application. The procedure can be initiated only after completing the missing documents by the indicated date and their positive verification by the Office.


  5. Certificate from the unit conducting the studies on acceptance for the course or on the continuation of studies or on acceptance for the preparatory course,
  6. proof of payment of the tuition fee if the foreigner undertakes or continues paid studies or proof of exemption from the tuition fee,,
  7. 82. documents confirming the possession of health insurance within the meaning of the provisions of the Act of 27 August 2004 on healthcare benefits financed from public funds or confirmation of coverage by the insurer of treatment costs on the territory of the Republic of Poland (e.g. appropriate certificate from Social Insurance Institution, insurance policy),
    documents confirming that sufficient funds are available to cover maintenance and return travel to the country of origin or residence, or the cost of transit to a third country, for example:
    • traveller's cheque,
    • certificate on the limit on the credit card issued by the bank that issued the credit card, issued not earlier than one month before the date of submitting the application for temporary residence permit,
    • certificate of having means of payment in a bank or cooperative savings and credit union established in the territory of the Republic of Poland issued not earlier than one month before the date of submitting an application for a temporary residence permit,
    • document confirming the granting of a national or foreign scholarship,
    • certificate of employment and amount of salaries, issued not earlier than one month before the date of submitting the application for a temporary residence permit.
  8. The minimum amount of funds which you must have to cover the cost of living is 701 PLN for each month of stay for a period of 15 months, if the period of stay is less than 15 months (or the equivalent of this amount in foreign currency).
  9. If you are in Poland with your family members who are dependent on you, you must have the funds amounting to at least 528 PLN for yourself and each member of your family for each month of stay or the equivalent in foreign currency.
    In addition, you must have a return ticket or funds to cover the cost of return travel to the country of origin or residence or the cost of transit to a third country, in the amount equivalent to the ticket on the basis of which you came to Poland, no less than:
    • 200 PLN, if you come from an adjacent country to the Republic of Poland,
    • 500 PLN, if you come from another EU Member State than from one adjacent to Poland,,
    • 2500 PLN, if you are coming from a non-member country of the European Union
    • or the equivalent of these amounts in a foreign currency.
  10. Information on the number of persons who are dependent on you. Declaration on the number of persons dependent on you.

ATTENTION: Attaching all of the documents listed in the application may speed up your case and limit the amount of correspondence addressed to you. In case it is necessary to provide clarification of the evidence held by the authority in your case, you may be requested to provide additional documents or to provide explanations.

Documents should be submitted in originals or photocopies together with originals for inspection. Civil status records confirming kinship or marital status issued by foreign countries should be marked with apostille clause or be confirmed by the Polish consul. If the application is accompanied by documents drawn up in a foreign language, it is also required to submit a translation into Polish of a document made by a sworn translator.


What are the fees?

The stamp duty for issuing a uniform permit for temporary residence and work is: 340,00 PLN

The fee should be paid to the account:
Gmina Wrocław
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8, 50-141 Wrocław
82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895 

Remember to attach confirmation of payment of the fee to the application.

The fee for issuing or replacing a residence card is: 50,00 PLN

The fee should be paid to the account:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki
50-153 Wrocław, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
41 1010 1674 0005 9222 3100 0000

If you have a representative, the stamp duty for the submitted power of attorney amounts to 17,00 PLN

The fee for representation must be paid to the below account:

Gmina Wrocław
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8, 50-141 Wrocław
82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895


When and where can I collect my residence card?

After obtaining the permission (decision regarding temporary residence), in order to obtain the residence card, you should submit:

  1. Confirmation of payment for the card (50 PLN)
  2. Valid confirmation of registration of residence for the temporary residence longer than 2 months – if your address is to be placed on the card or else you ought to submit a written declaration when your card should be issued without the address. Declaration of printing a card without the address.

In case of not submitting the above mentioned confirmation of registration of residence within 14 days from the day of collection of the decision about permission for temporary residence, data about the address will not be included in the card.


residence card may be collected only in person at the Department of Civic Matters and Foreigners at pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1, in Wrocław.

More information about the residence card