- Who submits the application?
- When should I submit the application?
- How can I submit the application?
- What documents must I submit?
- What are the fees?
Who submits the application?
You submit an application for a Polish travel document if you have lost your travel document or it has been destroyed or expired, and it is not possible to obtain your new travel document, if you have been granted a permanent residence permit, residence permit for long-term resident of the EU, subsidiary protection, and permission to stay on humanitarian grounds.
You submit an application for a temporary Polish travel document if you do not have a travel document and it is not possible to obtain your new travel document if you intend to leave the territory of the Republic of Poland or you have been obliged to leave that territory.
You submit an application for a Polish identity document if:
- you are on the territory of the Republic of Poland and you do not have any nationality, only on the grounds related to the best interest of the Republic of Poland
- you have proof that you are a victim of human trafficking
Polish identity document may also be issued to a minor foreigner born on the territory of the Republic of Poland and residing in that territory without parental care if the interests of the Republic of Poland do not preclude it and it is in the best interest of the child.
The validity of issued documents:
- Polish travel document for a foreigner - 1 year;
- the temporary Polish travel document for a foreigner - up to 7 days;
- Polish document of foreigner’s identity - 1 year.
Exchange of Polish travel document for a foreigner or Polish document of foreigner’s identity occurs in the case of:
- changes to the data contained in the current document;
- changes to the facial image of the holder of the document in relation to the image of the face on the document to the extent impeding or preventing the identification of the holder of the document;
- loss of the document;
- damage to the document.
When should I submit the application?
You submit the application for a Polish travel document, the temporary Polish travel document or Polish identity document at any time convenient for you.
You should submit an application for the replacement of Polish travel document or Polish identity document within 14 days from the occurrence of the causes for the exchange of the document.
How can I make an application?
In person after previously booking a visit at https://rezerwacje.duw.pl/reservations/ or in person after previously filling out the application on-line, printing out and making a reservation of the visit at https://przybysz.duw.pl
On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
At the Provincial Office of Lower Silesia in Wrocław
Section of Civic Matters and Foreigners
Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
or in one of the three Delegation offices of the Office:
- Delegation office in Legnica
ul. F. Skarbka 3
- Delegation office in Wałbrzych
ul. Słowackiego 23a
- Delegation office in Jelenia Góra
ul. Piłsudskiego 12
58-500 Jelenia Góra
After coming to the Office approach the ticket machine of the line management system, type in the reservation number, get the ticket and wait for your number to be called out and once it is, approach the indicated post.
- Delegation office in Legnica
- By mail to the address:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
REMEMBER: registering of the account on the Information Portal - https://przybysz.duw.pl, filling out the application on-line in the system, printing it out and submitting in the Office may make proceeding process of your application shorter and will allow you to monitor your case!
What documents must I submit?
- The completed application. Before filling out the application please familiarize with the instruction, which is located in the application. , Polish temporary travel document, Polish identity document .
- Two photographs:
- Not destroyed, colour, sharp;
- Size 35 mm x 45mm;
- Made no earlier than within 6 days before the day of submitting the application;
- Depicting the face of a foreigner from the top of the head to the upper part of shoulders so that the face is visible within 70-80% of the photo, on the uniform background;
- Depicting the person looking straight ahead, with eyes open, not covered by hair, with natural expression and mouth closed, and showing natural skin colour;
- Depicting eyes of the foreigner, especially the pupils and the sight line of the foreigner should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo;
Caution: Foreigner using head covers according to the rules of his religion may add a photo to the application depicting him in the head cover on condition that the face is visible. In such a case a declaration of the foreigner will be needed that he belongs to a certain religious commune. Declaration of belonging to religious commune.
- document proving the identity (you are released from the obligation to submit a valid travel document or a document proving the identity if you have a certificate that you are a victim of human trafficking and in view of the special circumstances you do not have such a document and you are unable to obtain it
- documents necessary to confirm the data and the circumstances stated in the application (e.g., evidence of the inability to obtain a travel document of the country of origin, evidence of having the status of a stateless person, the decision on granting of subsidiary protection in the territory of Poland or permission to stay on humanitarian grounds);
- permanent or temporary residence confirmation y
- confirmation of stamp duty
NOTICE: Attaching to the application all mentioned documents can speed up your case and limit the amount of correspondence sent to you. In case of necessity to provide clarification on the evidence submitted to the authority, you may be asked to provide additional documents or to provide explanations.
Documents will be submitted in originals or photocopies along with originals for insight. Civil status acts proving the relationship or marital status issued by foreign countries should bear apostille clause or be confirmed by the Polish Consul. If the application is be accompanied by the documents prepared in a foreign language, also their translation to the Polish language made by a sworn translator is required.
What are the fees?
- Fee for the issue/replacement of Polish travel document: 100,00 PLN from July 29, 2022 - 350 PLN
- Fee for the issue/replacement of Polish temporary travel document: 50,00 PLN from July 29, 2022 - 100 PLN
- Fee for the issue/replacement of Polish identity document: 50,00 PLN from July 29, 2022 - 100 PLN
A DISCOUNT IN THE AMOUNT OF 50% OF FEE FOR ISSUING OR REPLACEMENT OF THE DOCUMENTS IS APPLICABLE TO FOREIGNERS:
- who are in a difficult material situation,
- minors who at the date of application for issue or replacement of a residence card are under 16 years of age.
The fee should be paid into the following account:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
Wydział Finansów i Budżetu
NBP O/O Wrocław
41 1010 1674 0005 9222 3100 0000
Remember to attach the confirmation of the payment to the application.