Who should apply?

You can file a request for permanent residence if you have a valid Polish Card and you intend to permanently settle within the Republic of Poland.


When should I apply?

The request for permanent residence should be filed before your legal stay in the Republic of Poland expires (up to the last day). 

If you cannot file it personally, you can send the application form by post.

To maintain the term of your legal stay, the date of posting the package at the post office will be considered. 

If you file a request on time and it contains no formal gaps, or the information is supplemented within the given deadline, then your stay will remain legal from the day you filed the request until the day when the decision on the matter becomes final.

If you file a request to suspend the proceedings on granting permission for temporary residence, your stay during such time will be considered as legal.

How can I submit my application form?

  1. In person after previously booking a visit at https://rezerwacje.duw.pl/reservations/ or in person after previously filling out the application on-line, printing out and making a reservation of the visit at https://przybysz.duw.pl
    On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

    At the Provincial Office of Lower Silesia in Wrocław
    Section of Civic Matters and Foreigners
    Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1

    or in one of the three Delegation offices of the Office:

    1. Delegation office in Legnica
      ul. F. Skarbka 3
      59-220 Legnica
    2. Delegation office in Wałbrzych
      ul. Słowackiego 23a
      58-300 Wałbrzych
    3. Delegation office in Jelenia Góra
      ul. Piłsudskiego 12
      58-500 Jelenia Góra

    After coming to the Office approach the ticket machine of the line management system, type in the reservation number, get the ticket and wait for your number to be called out and once it is, approach the indicated post.

  2. By mail to the address:

    Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
    Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
    pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
    50-153 Wrocław

Remember to enter your valid place of stay in the application form. Having sent the application form by means of post you will be called for appearance in person in order for your fingerprints to be taken. You must appear in person at the headquarters of the Lower Silesian Provincial Labour Office or in one of its Delegation Offices, approach the ticket machine of the line management system and select the ticket “appearance in person”.

NOTE: If you wish to register your fingerprints without being called by the Office, you can do so not earlier than from the day of application form submission.

REMEMBER: registering of the account on the Information Portal - https://przybysz.duw.pl,  filling out the application on-line in the system, printing it out and submitting in the Office may make proceeding process of your application shorter and will allow you to monitor your case!


What documents do I have to submit?

  1. Filled out application and its 2 copies. Before filling out the application, familiarize yourself with the, instruction in the application. Application for permission for permanent residence .
  2. Four photos:

    Caution: Foreigner using head covers according to the rules of his religion may add a photo to the application depicting him in the head cover on condition that the face is visible. In such a case a declaration of the foreigner will be needed that he belongs to a certain religious commune. Declaration of belonging to religious commune.

    • Not destroyed, colour, sharp;
    • Size 35 mm x 45mm;
    • Made no earlier than within 6 days before the day of submitting the application;
    • Depicting the face of a foreigner from the top of the head to the upper part of shoulders so that the face is visible within 70-80% of the photo, on the uniform background;
    • Depicting the person looking straight ahead, with eyes open, not covered by hair, with natural expression and mouth closed, and showing natural skin colour;
    • Depicting eyes of the foreigner, especially the pupils and the sight line of the foreigner should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo;
  3. Copy of the valid passport (original for viewing). In especially justified cases when the foreigner does not have a valid passport and has no possibility of obtaining one, he can present other identification document (e.g. Residence card).
  4. Confirmation of payment of the stamp duty.

    Caution: Submitting the above mentioned documents is necessary to start the process. In case of submitting the application without any of the above documents, the foreigner will be asked to supplement the formal deficiencies in the application. The process may be started only after the unsubmitted documents are submitted in the determined time and after they are positively verified by the Office.


  5. Statement of fulfilling tax duties towards the State Treasury, Statement of clean criminal record in the Republic of Poland;

These documents should be submitted as originals of the documents, or copies with the originals available for review. Records of civil status that confirm kinship or civil status, issued by other countries, need to be certified with Apostille or confirmed by a Polish consul. If you’re submitting documents in a foreign language, you also need to provide a Polish translation, certified by a sworn translator.


What are the fees?

The fee for issuing or replacing a residency card is: 50,00 PLN

The fee should be paid to:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki
50-153 Wrocław, pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
41 1010 1674 0005 9222 3100 0000

If you have a representative, then the stamp duty for the representation is PLN 17.00

The fee for representation should be paid to:

Gmina Wrocław
pl. Nowy Targ 1-8, 50-141 Wrocław
82 1020 5226 0000 6102 0417 7895


When and where can I collect my residence card?

After receiving the permission (decision for permanent residence) in order to receive the card you should submit:

  1. confirmation of payment for residence card (50 PLN)
    The 50% discount from the payment can be obtain by foreigners:
    • who are in difficult financial situation,
    • whose goal of stay is to learn in high school or university on the Polish territory,
    • juveniles who on the day of submitting the application TO OBTAIN or exchange the card are not above 16 years old.
  2. valid confirmation of registration of residence for the temporary residence longer than 2 months – if your address is to be placed on the card or else you ought to submit a written declaration when your card should be issued without the address. Declaration of printing a card without the address.

In case of not submitting the above mentioned confirmation of registration of residence within 14 days from the day of collection of the decision about permission for temporary residence, data about the address will not be included in the card.


residence card may be collected only in person at the Department of Civic Matters and Foreigners at pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1, in Wrocław.

More information about the residence card