When and where can I collect the residence card?

After receipt of the authorisation (decision on temporary residence, permanent residence or the residence of the long-term EU resident) to obtain a residence card, you should submit:

  1. confirmation of payment of the fee for a residence card (PLN 50 of 25 in case of discount)
  2.  the current residence registration confirmation for temporary residence lasting over 2 months – if your address should be placed on the residence card or the submission of a written statement in the event when the residence card is to be issued without residence address. (template of the statements)

In the event of failure to submit the aforementioned residence confirmation within 14 days from the date of receipt of the decision granting a temporary residence permit, the address data will not be posted on the card.

Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners.
pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1, 50-153 Wrocław
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9.00-16.00

Wednesday 8.00-18.00

You will learn from a text message whether the residence card is ready to collect (if you indicated the phone number during the submitting of the application) or from the information obtained from the Portal Przybysz website (if you have registered your case there).

In order to receive a residence card collect a ticket "receipt of the residence card" from the queue system in the Department of Civil Affairs and Foreigners and wait for the call of your number, and then proceed to the indicated position.

A discount charge for issuing or replacement of the residence card applies to the foreigners:

  • who are in a difficult material situation;
  • whose objective of residence is an education in secondary school and higher education on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
  • minors who at the date of application for issue or replacement of a residence card are under 16 years of age.


Who submits the application for issuing/replacement of the residence card?

NOTE: in the event of an authorisation for temporary residence (except as indicated below) or the first permanent residence permit or stay of a long-term resident of the EU you do not have to apply for a residence card. The card is issued after the supplementation of fee and residence confirmation.

You submit an application for the application for a residence card:

  • in the event of issuing the first residence card, when:
    • you stay on the Polish territory or on this territory for the purpose of family reunification (after obtaining the decision of the Voivodship Governor on the authorisation for a temporary residence)
    • If you are a member of the closest family of a returnee
  • in the event of the issuance of the next residence card, when you have a permanent residence permit or long-term EU resident's residence permit and your residence card expires.

You submit an application for replacement of residence card in the event of:

  • changes to the data contained in the current residence card;
  • changes to the facial image of the holder of the document in relation to the image of the face on the document to the extent impeding or preventing the identification of the holder of the card;
  • the loss of the residence card
  • damage to the document.


When should I submit the application?

You should submit the application for a residence card, at least 30 days before the expiry of the validity of your document.

You should submit an application for replacement of the residence card within 14 days from the occurrence of the causes for the exchange of the document.

In the event of loss or damage to the residence card, you must inform of this fact the authority which issued the document within 3 days from the date of its loss or damage. The notification will be made on a  form.

In the event of informing about loss or damage to the residence card, a certificate attesting this fact is issued. The certificate is valid until issuing the next document to you, not longer than 2 months.


How can I submit my application form?

  1. In person after previously booking a visit at https://rezerwacje.duw.pl/reservations/ or in person after previously filling out the application on-line, printing out and making a reservation of the visit at https://przybysz.duw.pl
    On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.; Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

    At the Provincial Office of Lower Silesia in Wrocław
    Section of Civic Matters and Foreigners
    Pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1

    or in one of the three Delegation offices of the Office:

    1. Delegation office in Legnica
      ul. F. Skarbka 3
      59-220 Legnica
    2. Delegation office in Wałbrzych
      ul. Słowackiego 23a
      58-300 Wałbrzych
    3. Delegation office in Jelenia Góra
      ul. Piłsudskiego 12
      58-500 Jelenia Góra

    After coming to the Office approach the ticket machine of the line management system, type in the reservation number, get the ticket and wait for your number to be called out and once it is, approach the indicated post.

  2. By mail to the address:

    Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
    Wydział Spraw Obywatelskich i Cudzoziemców
    pl. Powstańców Warszawy 1
    50-153 Wrocław

Remember to enter your valid place of stay in the application form. Having sent the application form by means of post you will be called for appearance in person in order for your fingerprints to be taken. You must appear in person at the headquarters of the Lower Silesian Provincial Labour Office or in one of its Delegation Offices, approach the ticket machine of the line management system and select the ticket “appearance in person”.

NOTE: If you wish to register your fingerprints without being called by the Office, you can do so not earlier than from the day of application form submission.

REMEMBER: registering of the account on the Information Portal - https://przybysz.duw.pl,  filling out the application on-line in the system, printing it out and submitting in the Office may make proceeding process of your application shorter and will allow you to monitor your case!


What documents must I submit?

  1. The completed application. Before filling out the application please familiarize with the instruction, which is located in the application. Application for issuance/replacement of a residence card.
  2. Two photographs:
    • Not destroyed, colour, sharp;
    • Size 35 mm x 45mm;
    • Made no earlier than within 6 days before the day of submitting the application;
    • Depicting the face of a foreigner from the top of the head to the upper part of shoulders so that the face is visible within 70-80% of the photo, on the uniform background;
    • Depicting the person looking straight ahead, with eyes open, not covered by hair, with natural expression and mouth closed, and showing natural skin colour;
    • Depicting eyes of the foreigner, especially the pupils and the sight line of the foreigner should be parallel to the upper edge of the photo;

    Caution: Foreigner using head covers according to the rules of his religion may add a photo to the application depicting him in the head cover on condition that the face is visible. In such a case a declaration of the foreigner will be needed that he belongs to a certain religious commune. Declaration of belonging to religious commune.

  3. Copy of a valid travel document (original for insight). In particularly justified cases, when the foreigner does not have a valid travel document and it is not possible to obtain, they can present other evidence of identity (e.g. residence permit card)

    NOTICE:Submission of the above documents is necessary for initiation of the procedure. In the event of submission of the application without any of the above documents, the foreigner will be appointed to supplement the formal deficiencies in the application. The proceeding may be initiated only after completing the missing documents within an indicated period and its positive verification by the Office.

  4. a charge for issuing/replacing of the residence card
  5. the current residence registration confirmation
  6. documents confirming the change of data and facts stated in the application, i.e. in the case of:
    • the loss of the document – a certificate of loss from the police,/li>
    • change of residence – confirmation of registration in a new place of residence,/li>
    • changes in personal data (surname change, the spelling of the place of birth, etc.) - acts of civil status, judgments confirming these facts.

NOTICE: Attaching to the application all mentioned documents can speed up your case and limit the amount of correspondence sent to you. In case of necessity to provide clarification on the evidence submitted to the authority, you may be asked to provide additional documents or to provide explanations.

Documents will be submitted in originals or photocopies along with originals for insight. Civil status acts proving the relationship or marital status issued by foreign countries should bear apostille clause or be confirmed by the Polish Consul. If the application is accompanied by the documents prepared in a foreign language, also their translation to the Polish language made by a sworn translator is required.


What are the fees?

  • a charge for issuing / replacing of the residence card: 50,00 PLN
  • Fee for replacement of a residence card in case of culpable loss or culpable damage: 100,00 PLN
  • Fee for replacement of a residence card in case of subsequent culpable loss or culpable damage: 150,00 PLN


  • who are in a difficult material situation
  • whose objective of residence is an education in secondary school and higher education on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
  • minors who at the date of application for issue or replacement of a residence card are under 16 years of age.

The fee should be paid to the following account:
Dolnośląski Urząd Wojewódzki we Wrocławiu
Wydział Finansów i Budżetu
NBP O/O Wrocław
41 1010 1674 0005 9222 3100 0000